Wendy Lerman Blog

An addendum to the website http://www.wendylerman.com

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Deciding

I’m about to make the drive to Dana Farber where my scan results will be revealed. After 11 years, am I still in remission from breast cancer and melanoma? After 8 years am I still in remission from Angiosarcoma or the other melanoma? Has my luck run out? Was it luck at all? Was it just all the treatments I received that led to my remissions or was it because I chose to include methods, such as Reiki, to compliment traditional medicines? I don’t know. I don’t know what the doctor is about to tell me. If he tells me my scans look good, will that put my mind at ease? After all, I was told everything was fine for many months when in fact three lumps were Angiosarcoma but were perceived as glandular tissue. If I didn’t push so hard, who knows if I would still be here to write this.
I can ponder every minute of every day and it’s not going to change anything. I can choose to spend my time wondering, hoping, praying or worrying but what will that accomplish? In one year we lost so many people to Angiosarcoma that I lost count. I need to survive.

I know that finding a cure for Angiosarcoma is going to open the doors for the cure to most other cancers. I know that our organization has made leaps and bounds in our research and has a promising drug ready to go to clinical trials and this could lead to the answer. I know that we are helping create another drug because we will leave no stones unturned. I know that we need more help, more awareness and more money to see this through. I know that I will do my part to make this happen.

I can’t do anything about the things I don’t know so I choose to do something about the things I do know!

http://www.angiosarcomaawareness.org/page1.php

posted by Unknown @ 11:04 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home