Wendy Lerman Blog

An addendum to the website http://www.wendylerman.com

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A New Space For Me

My family moved into a two- family house before I turned one. This house has been occupied by many generations of my mom’s side of the family.

My bedroom is small and leads to a tiny room, which at one time was a porch. It was this tiny room that I occupied until I was the only one left to live here.

I’ve been using this tiny room as a closet until today. I dream of living in a house that includes two levels of living, more than one bathroom, any amount of space to utilize as my office and a fenced in yard so my dog can run free but safely. Perhaps one day my dream will become reality but I believe my work, or lack thereof has been put on a standby mode because I don’t have a comfortable space where I can feel free and create. A few days ago I decided to empty out this tiny room and find a way to incorporate a space for me to work. Sitting on my bed to write just wasn’t cutting it anymore.

I still continue to envision myself secluded for a few weeks on a beachfront property where I will take all my writing and compile my book this summer. This is one dream I will not give up on.

While it’s still a work in progress, I am now sitting in my new and tiny space but it’s all mine and I love it.

I am now convinced that everyone should have their own space regardless of how they use it. Do you have one?

WL&L,
Wendy

posted by Unknown @ 1:35 PM

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2011 2:53 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

I totally agree! Especially if you are married, as usually the husband has the garage and a workshop and the wife has......the kitchen LOL!

 
At February 26, 2011 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that room! We spent many great days playing in your bedroom. What were we? Four, Five & Six years old? I remember your bureau the most. We would put our gum up there! LOL. I do have a space in my home for myself, but it is in the laundry room! LOL. I do need a better space I think.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home