Wendy Lerman Blog

An addendum to the website http://www.wendylerman.com

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Who has time to pee? What takes priority?

I wonder if any of you meet your daily water requirements. I don’t-not by a long-shot…but I’m making an effort because I understand just how vital it is for our bodies and I now must make it a priority to; at the very least, stay hydrated. Until now I just thought I was really lazy when unconsciously I haven’t been drinking because… I don’t have time to pee!

Priority is a word we commonly hear and use as a reminder to others as well as ourselves.

We all lead very busy lives filled with outside commitments in addition to our regular routines and responsibilities. Prioritizing is something we all do daily, perhaps even hourly, whether we’re conscious of it or not. Prioritizing is one of those crucial tools we utilize for survival.

I sometimes feel as though I am on autopilot and then the moment comes, you know, the one that distracts you and stops you dead in your tracks? Then it dawns on me. I don’t know where I am and how I got here. I’m lost…or rather, I lost time. It’s times like these when I know I must re-prioritize and navigate my way back on track.

We easily forget how it feels to have “Me Time.” Me Time? What is that? And when we get some, do we take full advantage of it? If you are asking yourself the same question or even if you think you know what it is, I am going to elaborate further in a separate post to point out many reasons why I believe “Me Time” is not only important, but crucial (and quite possibly critical) for our physical, emotional and spiritual health.

“We are not humans having spiritual experiences, rather, we are spirits having human experiences”. Unknown

Tomorrow is February 1, 2011 and, as I’m nearing the completion of this delicious bubblegum candy cane I just picked off my fully decorated and lit Christmas tree, I contemplate where taking down our tree fits on my list of priorities. Nah. Right now I’m going to stay put under the covers in my big comfy bed, listening to my favorite music (which seems to feed my soul) and finish my candy cane. Although, I really have to pee!

WL&L

posted by Unknown @ 9:57 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home