Wendy Lerman Blog

An addendum to the website http://www.wendylerman.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

tests

OK so here it is. A few months back I found a lump and I've avoided it until last week. I got up the nerve one night and sent an e-mail to my surgeon. The next day I got a call from her Nurse Practioner. My surgeon was on vacation but the nurse practioner had me come in that day to examine me and have an ultrasound performed. The ultrasound didn't show anything and the NP didn't feel what I did but the doctor who was with her did and they decided this warranted further tests. So today was my CT Scan. As far as I knew this would be the only test. I did my usual fasting and arrived at Dana Farber at 7:15 to begin my 90 minute process of drinking the oral contrast. I have to admit that I liked the fact that I was alone. I enjoyed the quiet and the fact that I got to read a magazine cover to cover without any interruptions! The scan went fine, just a little trouble with the IV but that is common with me. I won't have the results until sometime next week.

As I was leaving the hospital I saw that I had a message on my cell. I knew I heard my cell ringing after the scan! It was my surgeon's coordinator and when I spoke to her she said the doc wants a bilateral MRI done as soon as possible. I'm trying not to panic and would like to think that they just want to be as thorough as possible leaving no stones unturned. But still there's that little voice thinking other things. In any case, I scheduled the MRI for Wednesday at Dana Farber.

On another note, I have been having a few symptoms in which I saw a neurologist and it seems things are fine as far as that goes. The other possible cause for these symtoms are cardiac related so I had an EKG which was fine and a resting Echocardiogram. The Echo showed small Mitral Regurgitation. ["Any disorder that weakens or damages the mitral valve or causes the left ventricle to become widened (dilated) may lead to mitral regurgitation. Over time, more blood backs up into the left atrium from the left ventricle, and the heart has to work harder to pump blood to the rest of the body. This may lead to congestive heart failure".] This may explain the symptoms and is just another thing to follow up with someday. That and the fact that I have an Umbilical and sub-Umbilical Hernia which I guess I should fix but who has the time?

Anyway, you may be wondering why I haven't posted any of this earlier. I mean the whole idea of this site is to keep you up to date and I know this,but the fact is I have a tendancy toward denial. My conscious denies everything which is bad because my subconscouis doesn't forget and it comes out in dreams and takes a toll on me. I want to point that out to any readers out there because your mind and body are so connected. You must take care of both!! Stress can have mild and detrimental effects! Never forget that.

Enough lecturing. On to non medical related babble. Peter has returned from Cabo with stories, pictures, and of course a tan. I'm jealous. He really and truly needed this vacation. He works so hard and is always on the go. I'll post some of pics soon.

Casey has her last basketball game of the season on Saturday. She has improved so much this season and I anticipate that she will continue to do so. It's so cute to watch them play! Soon it will be time for softball to begin and now Casey has decided she must be a cheerleader this year. And I thought we had no time!

Justin of course keeps me running with Hockey. Not that I mind because I just love hockey and wish I could play! The season is almost over and I'm a little sad to see it go. This weekend we have our tournament in Marlborough, that should be fun.

Molly is getting big and is so darn cute! She's adapting well and brings much love to our home.

That's all for now because I am getting booted off the computer by my son.

Love and light,

Wendy

posted by Unknown @ 10:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home