Wendy Lerman Blog

An addendum to the website http://www.wendylerman.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Doing better each day

I'm doing even better today. The nausea has decreased a bit, fever is even lower, headaches are still there but the tylenol really helps. Also, have cut down even further on the other pain meds.

I felt somewhat productive today. I started going through the hundreds of boxes of photos that I have accumulated. I'm terrible about not putting them in albums. I got through one box today and it took hours! This box contained mostly photos of Casey as a newborn and Justin around 3 years old. Oh, and in this box were the ohotos of Casey being born. Thank goodness I found these! If my kids found them, they'd be scarred for life!

Justin LOVED Batman. He wore his cape everywhere, even to bed. Batman and Robin everywhere. I found pictures of his 4th birthday where Robin AKA Dave Russo made his appearance. Boy, Dave Russo looked like he was straight out of the movie!

I have to admit that it was a difficult day looking at these pictures. Seeing Casey as a newborn stirred up very strong feelings and longing for another baby. Unless I adopt, this will never happen. Now the tears start flowing.

Ok, on to the next subject. Next week I begin physical therapy for my Lymphadema at the Lahey Clinic. They will be doing Manual Lymphatic Drainage from my fingers to my armpit. Each day before I leave I will be wrppaed up tightly to preserve that day's work. This will be a daily thing for 1 month. They say it may not take a whole month but it's usually the norm. By the end of the month, my arm should look somewhat if not totally normal and I will be then fitted with another compression sleeve and glove. They will also teach me some techniques to maintain this. I've been waiting so long for this and I am very excited.

In 2 days I should have the pathology results from my surgery. I'm a little nervous and very anxious but I'm trying to keep cool.

I am going to start a new post tomorrow for news on other family members. Goodnight~

posted by Unknown @ 11:56 PM

2 Comments:

At September 23, 2005 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
Glad you are doing better each day! You sounded great on the phone yesterday. Good luck with the treatments next week.

BTW, can I bring over all of my pictures to your house and have you organize them? :-)

Love,
--Rich

 
At September 23, 2005 1:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rich,

Thanks for everything! I'm very much looking forward to getting started with treatments next week.

Once I get through my pics and organize them as best I can, I'm going to pay Casey and her friend Lauren to put them into albums! How cool is that!!!!

Hope your weekend away is great, you deserve it!

Love,
Me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home