Wendy Lerman Blog

An addendum to the website http://www.wendylerman.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More tests

I had more tests over the last couple of weeks. I spoke to my NP yesterday and she said the reports look good. My bone scan showed deterioration in some places but that comes with age and no sign of disease. My Echocardiogram remained the same. I have regurgitation in 3 different heart valves but they remain trace to mild so that is a good thing. My next routine CT scans are booked in 6 months. I did ask about repeating my PET scan that I last did in December. The radiologist remarked on the report that "These warrant re-assessment at follow-up" which was referring to certain lymph nodes lighting up which may be reactive (meaning it could be due to infection somewhere or even a cold). But as I look back at my various scans over the last few years I see that there have been lymph nodes lighting up that never went away. Alng with these, additional ones are lighting up. If I had a virus they should have went away so helllooo!!! My NP referred to my Onc who totally agrees that I should repeat the PET scan. I wasn't sure if they could see the same things and thought maybe if I do another PET then I could skip the CT. But apparently I need both. The only thing I need to decide is if I want to wait and do it in 6 months with the CT or do it sooner. But I'll post regardless.

Unfortunately there are long term effects whenever you undergo chemotherapy. Everyone is different and it is not set in stone who will have what. But one of the possible effects is secondary cancers and one of them being Lymphoma. So yes I am a little bit nervous and I am trying to not think about the little red flags that keep popping up. But in the last few weeks I decided that I am going to face everything and ignore nothing. I am in a good place and it will only get better.

Love and light,

Wendy

posted by Unknown @ 10:39 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home